A Cambridge Community Heritage supported project, ‘It Will All Come Out in the Wash’ is an investigation of what working life was like for the women of the laundries of Cambridge employed by the university, hospitals and hotels. This September, The Freudian Slips and CamIris take a fresh and creative view of local laundry history at the Cambridge Museum of Technology.
- See extraordinary photographs and images
- immerse yourself in the soaking, rinsing and airing
- hear stories collected from laundry workers
- discover some of the secrets behind the stains
- listen to forthright views from the soapbox.
Saturday 14th September 10.30 – 4.30 (Free Entry)
Sunday 15th and 22nd September 2.00 – 5.00 (Normal Museum Entry Fee: Adult £3.50 Child £1.50)